Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > how do i re program abs module 06 lincol...
how do i re program abs module 06 lincoln navigator

4102 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-30 22:22:46

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    southeastbeast
    2015-12-19 18:42:33
     telling me i need a code help with this thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-20 16:44:50 (Reply to:southeastbeast)

Other than possibly being able to do some basic coding , maybe a used module VIN # edit  I don't think you can reprogram Ford modules  off the MaxiSys Pro Tablet. If it is asking you to enter a code it is likely the PIN code that is needed.I'm not sure the Maxi Sys supports PIN code retrieval for anything at this time, because I've read a few posts where the capability was requested but not available yet.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-22 03:38:13 (Reply to:southeastbeast)

It can be supported, please refer to the following procedures:
    1. Turn off ignition, connect with the old ABS module
    2. Turn on ignition;
    3. Tap Ford->Auto Scan to get in, select Programming, then Maxisys will collect the data of the old module;
    4. Back to Menu to select Programmable Module Installation--ABS;
    5. When it prompts Set ignition switch to OFF (Postion 0), ignition off, tap to get into next;
    6. When it prompts Install a new module in vehicle, replace the new ABS module, click to next;
    7. When it prompts Set the ignition switch to ON, then ignition on, click to Next, you will see successful info on screen.

PS: If the replaced ABS module is a used one or faulty one, it will result in PMI failure.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-26 18:21:09 (Reply to:Support02)

Support added  "PS: If the replaced ABS module is a used one or faulty one, it will result in PMI failure."
    I'm not sure I would want to risk bricking a new blank module with an aftermarket Chinese scanner. I be way more interested to be able to  just get a used a cheap salvage yard module with same # and cal and just  do the minimal amount of recoding you have to do to get used one  to work without setting a service light.
      Can you simply edit used module  VIN # so it will work and not set a VIN mismatch code?

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-28 09:56:08 (Reply to:witsend)

Why we added this remark, becasue there are many uncertain factors on used modules, it is easier to cause programing failure. For example, if the used module can't be matched with this car or the used module itself can't work normally, the programming will be failed.

Some module can support to re-write VIN. Take this ABS module as example, when the module asks for VIN No., if uncorrect, it will go to the step of re-wriring VIN code. Then it needs input the module data manually to finish the programming. 

The As-built Data can be found in this website: http://www.motorcraftservice.com.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-29 15:53:23 (Reply to:Support02)

Thanks Support . I under stand that if the used module has a different part # or from another application the process will fail, But  is it still possible if a good used module is indeed from same application ,has the same part # and calibration level as the one being replaced , by following the screen  prompts ,  will it or will it not be able to overwrite the used module VIN# with the correct VIN #  or  prompt you to manually edit it during a step in the process? New modules are expensive, and often blank requiring a J2534 pass through, laptop and a purchased OE subscription to write the correct files to the module from an OE program.
       Why anyone would want to copy the entire file contents of a bad abs module that might be compromised and rewrite all the old module contents to an expensive blank new module with the messed up module files is not without risk of bricking the new module. Just need a means of getting the correct good used ABS module coded to the correct VIN # and possibly pinion factor  re coded, preferably without need for a J2534 VCI. Can the DS 708 or regular MaxiSys support that on this vehicle? 

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-30 08:27:31 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi Witsend. For your questions, please refer to below:

1.will it or will it not be able to overwrite the used module VIN# with the correct VIN #  or  prompt you to manually edit it during a step in the process? 
    --> If the original module can be communicated, you can install the old module to vehicle and all the configuration information can be read from old module first. Then you can program used module as screen prompts, which it doesn't need to get the As-built data.

But if the old module can't get communication, you have to get the As-built data as the VIN# from website to write into the used module.  

Another circumstance, if the application in the used module has been messed up, then it will need re-programing the used module, which needs J2534.

2. Can the DS 708 or regular MaxiSys support that on this vehicle?
    --> DS708 and Maxisys can support to program replaced module, as long as the used module doesn't be messed up. But DS708 is limited on this function, which covers less cars than Maxisys.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-30 22:22:46 (Reply to:Support02)

Thank you , Support
  Total1 Pages